Saturday, September 18, 2010

Update

I went back to the DMV with a check and ordered a new driver's license. I wrote the $25 check while I waited in line (I brought a single check, not my checkbook), only to find out at the counter that I could have opted to renew my license for $31 (something I'm going to have to do in February, anyway).

Oh, and the next day, I found my original driver's license on my scanner, where I had left it after having to scan it for some reason.

Today, I was at the mall and saw an ATM. I approached it and eyed the keypad suspiciously. After swiping my card, I got it right my first try.

I was hoping such moments of forgetfulness wouldn't be happening to me for another 30 years. I'm still trying to figure out the moral of this story. Anger management? Stop losing your mind? Something along those lines.

1 comment:

K.Pete said...

Hmm ... moral to the story ...

I vote that you give yourself more credit :) You didn't lose your license - and you didn't forget your pin. You may have momentarily forgotten/misplaced but ultimately YOU HAD IT ALL ALONG! :) I think it's great news to have just misplaced your ID rather than lost it!!! And pin numbers - with how many numbers floating around - you should be happy every time you get it right :)